A newsbasket is on-line Internet publication containing comprehensive aggregated collections of information.


Monday, June 16, 2008

Editorial Observer - In a Changing World of News, an Elegy for Copy Editors - Editorial - NYTimes.com

Editorial Observer - In a Changing World of News, an Elegy for Copy Editors - Editorial - NYTimes.com: "Ouch. Copy editors are my favorite people in the news business, and many I know are still alive and doing what they do. As it happened, I couldn’t find anything about them on the fifth or any other floor. A call later confirmed that the museum has essentially nothing about how newspapers are made today, and thus nothing about the lowly yet exalted copy editor.

I was one for a long time, and I know that obscurity and unpopularity are part of the job. Copy editors work late hours and can get testy. They never sign their work."

No comments: