A newsbasket is on-line Internet publication containing comprehensive aggregated collections of information.


Sunday, March 18, 2007

ENGAGEMENT LETTER

ENGAGEMENT LETTER: "The purpose of the engagement letters is, in part, to get certain things in writing to protect both parties legally. However, an equally important reason is to be genuinely certain that the prospective client (and then client) and I truly have matching expectations. I like my clients. I do not want them angry with me. The engagement letter is one way to avoid misunderstandings. Toward that end, I try to make the engagement letters readable (not lawyer-speak). I try to keep them as short as I can and still cover what needs to be covered. Typically, one of my engagement letters fills both sides of a single 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of paper."

No comments: