A newsbasket is on-line Internet publication containing comprehensive aggregated collections of information.


Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Run Down: Creative Rights

The Run Down: Creative Rights: "Creative Rights

Okay, here's the real Rundown on The Weirding:

One of the biggest things I wanted to be certain of is the protection of rights when it comes to the site. I went back and forth (and still am) as to how best to protect those rights. One idea which I have not completely given up on is printing all text in images with watermarks and copyright indicia, etc. This would make it pretty inconvenient for everyone, from me all the way down to the end-user, and I'm not sure how well it would protect anyone's material, anyway. Let's face it: if someone really wants to do something -- good, bad, or otherwise -- they'll figure out a way to do it. So I'm walking a fine line between making it harder for such people to do this, while still making the material accessible and available to viewers. Further, making the text into images completely destroys the HTML coding, which is antithetical to the form."

No comments: